Wednesday 12 February 2014

Refreshing Green Smoothie

Everything tastes better with an umbrella straw!

I've jumped on the green smoothie bandwagon. I already eat plenty of vegetables but if I can sneak another serve or two in at breakfast all the better! I much prefer smoothies over juice as they are more filling and more nutritious due to the added fibre content. Juice has much too much sugar for my liking!

Due to Melbourne's excessive heat lately, I've been having smoothies post workout because I find them to be a more nourishing and satisfying breakfast especially with a some protein powder added. I've lately been using Sunwarrior which not only tastes delicious, but isn't so gritty. The best thing with this one is that it serves two, so you've got breakfast already prepared for the following day!



Refreshing Green Smoothie
1 apple
1 mango
1/3 cucumber
100g baby spinach
10 mint leaves
1 lime (juiced)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
375ml coconut water (no added sugar)

Blend in a blender. Serves 2

949kj (227cal), 21.5g protein, 4.6g fat, 41g carbs

Until next time,

Sarah xx