Sunday 13 May 2012

Yong Green Food, Fitzroy

I love this place! I just wish it was a little closer to home. This was the 4th time i've visited and i was determined to try something new, rather than go with the rawsagne or the raw nachos, both of which i'd had before and loved.

Cacao Shake (L) Berry Blue (R)





 Despite the price, i had to go with the cacao shake - i love it! A beautiful nutty mix of fresh almond milk, raw cacao, banana, agave and vanilla bean. My wonderful lunch buddy chose the Berry Blue - almond milk, blueberries, banana, agave.
Now onto the food. In a very rushed decision (i need to be more decisive!) i chose the macro dragon bowl. This dish was brown rice topped with tempeh, shiitake mushrooms, carrot, purple cabbage, wakame and lettuce. It came with miso soup and a tahini dressing on the side.  It was nice and left me feeling very healthy, however it wasn't as great as the raw foods. It just seemed a bit boring.

All the goodies are underneath the lettuce
The dish my buddy ordered was the chickpea korma. It was nice as well but not all that exciting. It was a big serve!

This was the first time that i'd been that the restaurant wasn't bursting full of people. We were there mid-week and for lunch but there were only about 4 other tables full at the time. What it did mean was that our meals came out super quick! I think we were in and out in less than 30 mins! Unfortunately i couldn't fit in any of the amazing desserts. 

I think next time i visit i'll go back to my old raw menu faves. 

I really need to try making some raw cheesecakes at home. Anyone know where i can find a good recipe?

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums out there!

Sarah xx