Friday 18 November 2011

Breakfast Time!

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I love going to cafes that serve all day breakfasts because it means i can have breakfast for lunch - win! I thought i'd test out a quick and easy Thermomix recipe that is in the Vegetarian TMX cookbook but also appears on several blogs and forums.

Introducing CADA
What is it?
Coconut
Almonds
Dates
Apple

It was so simple to make - i just put 1 large granny smith apple (chopped into big chunks), 3 dates, 2tbsp coconut and 12 almonds into the Thermomix. Pulsed it 3 times and voila! CADA!

It really is delicious and a great start to the day. I mixed half of it with a small tub of yoghurt and a couple of tbsp muesli and chia and left it overnight. It kept me full for at least 5 hours which is a great when you're at work and don't have any decent snacks nearby. The best bit? I have the other half for breakfast tomorrow - can't wait!

Sarah xx